VB00012 - Ventis HEI240 Wood Fireplace Insert with Blower, Unit by Ventis
The Ventis HEI240 large-sized single cast iron door wood-burning insert is specifically designed for heating larger spaces ranging from 500 to 2,100 square feet. It offers the advantage of enjoying the ambiance of a wood fire while efficiently heating your home.
This wood-burning insert can be enhanced with the optional fire screen, allowing you to fully experience the sights and sounds of the fire while still benefiting from its heating capabilities.
The HEI240 features non-catalytic combustion technology, which is designed to improve the efficiency and performance of the unit. This technology helps maximize heat output while minimizing emissions.
Additionally, the insert is equipped with a stainless-steel secondary-air system. This system improves gas combustion, resulting in more efficient and cleaner burning of the wood.
The HEI240 has a maximum burn time of 8 hours, which means you can enjoy a steady heat output without frequent refueling. It is capable of accommodating 20-inch logs, allowing for convenient loading and longer burn times.
With a maximum heat output of 75,000 BTU/H, this wood-burning insert provides substantial warmth for larger spaces. It's important to note that the actual heat output and efficiency may vary depending on factors such as insulation, room layout, and the quality of the wood being burned.
Furthermore, the Ventis HEI240 wood-burning insert is EPA 2020 approved, meeting the standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency for emissions and efficiency.
To ensure safe and optimal installation, it's recommended to consult the manufacturer's guidelines and instructions. Additionally, consider seeking professional assistance to ensure proper installation and compliance with local regulations.
Overall, the Ventis HEI240 large-sized single cast iron door wood-burning insert offers a combination of heating performance, aesthetic appeal, and environmental considerations, making it a suitable choice for heating larger spaces with the charm of a wood fire.
Medium size wood insert
EPA certified at only 1.54 g/h
Solidity and manufacturing quality
Stainless steel heat shield
Non-catalytic combustion technology
Installation authorized on the Island of Montreal
Cast iron door
- 144 CFM blower
- Choose one faceplate to complete this unit. Not Included, Sold Separately.
- Regular faceplate (VBA1550) or Large faceplate (VBA1551).
||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)
|Recommended heating area
||500 - 2,100 ft²
|Overall firebox volume
|Maximum burn time
|EPA loading volume
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood
|Minimum overall heat output rate
||14,800 BTU/h (4.34 kW)
|Maximum overall heat output rate
||28,600 BTU/h (8.38 kW)
|Average efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV)
|Average efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV)
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency
|Average particulate emission rate
- Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
- Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
- This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
- The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
- As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
- Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
- Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
- The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the solid fuels into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
- Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
- Carbon monoxyde.
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)
||144 CFM included
|Certified according to applicable standards
||CAN/USA accredited laboratory
|Flue outlet diameter
|Recommended chimney diameter
|Type of chimney
||CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)
|Minimum chimney height
|Overall dimension (Width)
|Overall dimension (Height)
|Overall dimension (Depth)
||Single, glass with cast iron frame
|Door opening size (Width)
|Door opening size (Height)
|Glass surface - W x H
||16 7/8" x 10 1/4"
|Firebox size (Width)
|Firebox size (Height)
|Firebox size (Depth)
|Maximum log length
||Loading over width
|High-efficiency certified appliance
||Yes, EPA 2020 certified
|Canadian Standard (safety)
|USA Standard (safety)
||UL 1482, UL 737
||399 lb (181 kg)
|Minimum fireplace opening (Height)
|Minimum fireplace opening (Depth)
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks
||High quality vermiculite
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system
|Minimum fireplace opening (Width)
|USA Standard (emissions)
|Canadian Standard (emissions)